Sunday, September 26, 2010

9/26/10

It is very interesting all this final editing. I am on my 3rd attempt. But it has been worthwhile. My concern has always been to bring this really good story into present time context. I have been thinking of that for a while. On the evening of the 23rd I went to bed asking for the answer. I don't get many answers in dreams but I was hopeful. RIding up to an art event with a friend of mine on the 24th , we were discussing this situation, and she asked some really pertinent question surrounding why was I doing this and what was my intention.

Hmmm. then all of a sudden it hit! My intention in sharing this story is to encourage the reader to release all they are not and develop who they are meant to be. That's what happened to me, and to Jill only we didn't know it at the time. But I guess I did to a certain degree when I mentioned to Chris in Crete that the woman he knew was not here anymore.

To see this adventure as an archetypal story is clear in hindsight but as I said not when we were living it. There were so many challenges that we/I lived through which makes it all very interesting....

No comments:

Post a Comment